1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Engine House Tours

Type: Daily
Date: 01.01.2013 - 13.09.2018
Time: 12:00 PM
Entry Cost: £3.00
Purchase Info: A daily tour runs at 12pm each day.
Interests: Heritage
Location: Robinson's Engine House

The pumping engine at Robinson’s Shaft is a gloriously well-preserved example of a Cornish engine. It worked at this site between 1903 and 1955.

The engine was designed by Captain Samuel Grose, a pupil of Richard Trevithick, and was built by Sandys Vivian and Co. at the Copperhouse Foundry, one of the two major engineering works at Hayle.  

Robinson’s Engine stopped working at 1.15pm on 1 May 1955, the last Cornish Engine to work on a Cornish Mine.

Engine House tours are once a day at 12pm.  Please book your space on the tour at the Visitor Centre on arrival at Heartlands. Please note there are only 12 spaces per tour and a small fee applies.


© Heartlands 2012 | Terms & Conditions | Accessibility

Designed by A-Side Studio. Website built by Dewsign.